SuperFoods Black Maca Powder – Ancient Peruvian Adaptogen & Strengthener!
SuperFoods Organic Black Maca Powder – Powerful Adaptogen & Strengthener
- Rich in minerals, trace minerals, proteins and amino acids, as well as life-enhancing enzymes & healing phytochemicals
- As an adaptogen, Maca balances and stabilises the body’s systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.) and supplies energy when needed. It also counteracts adrenal fatigue and acts as an anti-depressant and mood enhancer.
- Also known as Peruvian Ginseng, Black Maca has been shown to increase sperm count and motility and will enhance sexual energy, endurance and fertility, helping to balance hormone levels in men and women. According to Dr Northrup, Maca can also help impotent men, because it stimulates the pituitary gland into secreting more testosterone.
- Black Maca helps to boost sexual energy, endurance and fertility and helps to balance hormones in men and women (see the Maca Love Potion recipe below!)
- Certified organic – no pesticides, preservatives, colourants or artificial chemicals
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
Black Maca Powder comes from Peru and has been used by Peruvians for thousands of years as a literal powerhouse of nutrition, especially for strength, energy and increased sex drive. In fact, legend has it that Incan warriors used to eat Maca before going into battle, because they believed it gave them invincible strength and stamina!
How to use Maca:
Black Maca tastes malted, like chocolate Horlicks and is very delicious on its own, combined with other superfoods or in smoothies and shakes! Try adding it to desserts and sweet treats. Maca has an incredible synergistic effect when combined with Superfoods Raw Cacao Powder. (also available from Feelgood Health)
You can consume 1-8 teaspoons of Maca per day to begin with. The more Maca you consume, the more benefit you are likely to get. In toxicity studies conducted in the U.S., Maca showed absolutely no toxicity and no adverse pharmacologic effects.
Black Maca Love Potion recipe
500ml fresh almond milk, soy milk or rice milk
Dash of vanilla essence or seeds from a vanilla pod
1 Tablespoon Black Maca powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Coconut nectar or honey to taste
2 Tablespoons Coconut oil/butter
Blend it all up and ENJOY!
Why we love Superfoods!
Superfoods contain only the very highest quality ingredients and are 100% certified organic – meaning that they contain no pesticides, preservatives or other harmful substances – only pure goodness for your optimum health!
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, said ‘Let food be your medicine’ – something that modern medicine seems to have forgotten! Ancient cultures such as the Mayans, Aztecs, Incas, Peruvians, Africans, Chinese and other cultures used certain highly praised foods to help them fight battles, give them courage, energy, fertility and even ‘superpowers’, On the other hand, the Western world has turned to food that makes you sick and which needs medicine to make you better again!
With Superfoods, you can embrace the true concept of health! Superfoods are foods that are certified organic and exceptionally high in vitamins, minerals and overall nutritional value. Adding superfoods to your daily diet helps to re-mineralise the body, minimizing the desire for snacking on sugar rich foods, helping the body get back on track with a healthy lifestyle.
All Superfoods products are 100% organic, highly nutritious, unprocessed and unrefined – and packed with high levels of naturally occurring bio-available nutrients and antioxidants.
Superfoods cares for the environment. All Superfoods products are packed in 100% compostable and biodegradable packaging with vegetable based inks – completely safe to go onto your compost heap! NO plastic or toxic inks!!
Make Superfoods a part of your daily diet and feel the difference!